Andy OS is an android emulator which lets you enjoy your android smart phone applications on your Desktop PC either it be a Windows or MAC based. Andy OS runs the game applications in a Sandbox which is built by android. It is basically a fully fledged operating system of the mobile phones which is capable of running on any Windows PC or MAC OS. In a nutshell, Andy OS makes sure to break down the barrier between the PC computing and the mobile phone gaming. It keeps the users upgraded with the latest features of the Android OS. There are many useful features of Andy OS like the provision of surplus storage capacity to its users, the compatibility of the PC and the free access to run and use the popular android applications on the it. With this particular facility you can easily receive an update on your social networking software and view it on the desktop computer at home. Andy OS synchronizes to the Google play account by the use of cloud. In this way the users are able to maintain and secure their application history on their mobile phones and on their PC’s as well. Below are the sets of features mentioned on their website that Andy OS boasts.
|Full Android UI|
|Google Play Store|
|App Sync to Mobile|
|Phone as Controller|
|Android access to local File System|
|Cloud Save in Android|
|X86 native apps|
|OpenGL Hardware support|
|Xbox/PS controllers support|
|Run Apps from Desktop|
|Desktop Push Notifications|
|Developers Support||Paid – Requires an Enterprise license|
For people who are new to the concepts of operating systems like Andy OS often face difficulties in getting started with Andy OS but it is not really difficult to operate. Andy OS as it can be considered as the computer version of your smart phones. It’s developers have done a great job preparing Andy OS to cut down the complexities of the system and has made things much simpler with it. You can always a go through our comprehensive guide to get to know as how to play Android Apps on PC and to obtain the knowledge of its extraordinary features. Amazing thing about such emulators is that users have freedom of installing it on most of the frequently used Operating systems out there such as Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 and MAC based OS. It doesn’t matter whether the user has a Desktop PC or a Laptop as far as the minimum requirements are met. As per the hardware section of Andy Webpage, host system must have virtualization capable Processor (Usually most of the modern processors support), 3 GB of Memory amongst which 1 Gig will be utilized by Andy OS & around 10 GB of hard disk space. This emulator is also known to support Ubuntu 14 + installation so if you are a Linux-based OS fan, this emulator might just do the trick for you. I was able to play Candy Crush Soda for PC, Smash Hit for PC, Clash of Clans for PC using this emulator and as per my opinion it is amongst the front running emulator to give you Android on PC like experience.
How to Install Andy OS on Windows PC & MAC OS
As stated earlier, after reading this guide you will be able to Play Apps for PC on Windows & MAC using Andy OS. Our method has been tested and verified to be compatible with Windows XP,7,8,8.1,10 PC or MAC OS.
- To download the software either for Windows PC or MAC based operating system, Visit Andyroid Homepage and Navigate to Download page / link or download using the link mentioned. Note that Installer will automatically detect the host OS being a Windows or MAC based | Andy OS for PC Download Link
- After your PC is done downloading the required file, open it.
- Let Andy OS installer Extract the files required for Installation.
- Andy OS Installer will start as shown in the screenshot. Let it install all the required files on PC.
- After installation is complete, open Andy OS and let it initialize.
- You have successfully launched Andy OS application on Windows / MAC if you see Andy Menu.
- It’s always useful to integrate Android based Operating Systems with Google Account. To do so, locate Play Store Icon from the Menu and click it.
- Screen will pop up giving you option either to create a new Google account or use an existing one. Choose as appropriate.
- In this guide, we will be using already existing Gmail account. To do so, enter the Google ID credentials.
- You will be able to see Android application in the Play Store once you have successfully logged in.
- Congratulations, You have successfully installed Andy OS on PC and integrated Google Account with it. To be able to play Android Apps for PC navigate to the next section and get to know as how to install Android Apps for PC using the Google Store you just configured.
Download & Play Android Apps for PC using Andy OS Google Play Store
- Click the Google Play Store Icon and navigate to the search bar located at the top.
- Enter name of the game you wish to play on PC. In this guide, we will be downloading Smash Hit for PC.
- Once you have located the desired game, click its thumbnail to navigate to next window.
- Click Install as shown in the snapshot.
- Let the game download on Andy OS. In the mean while you can use your PC or Andy OS by clicking the home button located at the center bottom of window.
- Andy OS will tell you once the game has been downloaded.
- Locate the game from the Andy OS menu. Open it and enjoy
Install Android Apps on Andy OS using APK files
There are scenario’s where you would like to play with the overall functionality of Andy OS. You might wish to install an earlier version of some Android application or you might wish to preview beta version games out there. To do so, one can download .apk extension files that are readable for Android OS and use them with PC.
- Navigate to third party stores such as APKPURE and APKBEAST to locate the application and the version you wish to install. In this demo, I have chosen Candy Crush Soda for PC APK.
- Download the required file and open the locate of the downloaded file.
- Right click the file and Open With Andy OS Script.
- A small window will pop up displaying “Installing APK to Andy”.
- Another window will pop up with the Title APK Info suggesting that the file has been successfully installed on to PC using Andy OS.
- Open Andy OS, open the Games tab at the main menu to find Candy Crush Soda for PC.
- Open it and Enjoy.
That would be all from my side. In case you have got any queries or you have any issue following the guide, do let me know by leaving your thoughts in the comments section below. Do not forget to like our Facebook Page, Google Plus Profile & Twitter Account. Cheers !